Sat, Sep 02|
300hr Advanced Jared McCann Vinyasa Teacher Training
(In-person, Yoga Alliance Certified)
Time & Location
Sep 02, 2023, 3:00 PM – Sep 23, 2023, 10:00 AM
Danena Sicily, Sicily, Italy
A training so nice, we're doing it twice! Lighthouse Yoga School is excited to offer another opportunity to join us in 2023 for our 300hr Teacher Training in Danena, Sicily! Learn to practice and teach our signature yoga class, JM Vinyasa, with clarity and precision. This training continues to be our most immersive and in-depth training to date, as we live on-site together for 3 weeks at the beautiful retreat center, Danena Sicily, with Jared McCann (E-RYT500) and Rebecca Causey (E-RYT500, FRCms), who share over 36 years of teaching experience. Our time together will be an immersion in yoga asana, anatomy, philosophy and practice-teaching. We will cultivate a daily sadhana practice and study each posture in-depth from the perspective of student and teacher.
Our 300hr Advanced JM Vinyasa Teacher Training is designed to help students enhance and refine their teaching skills and personal movement + meditation practice. Trainees will learn to effectively teach and safely practice more advanced asana and inversions, cultivate a daily Sadhana practice that includes mantra, kriya, pranayama and meditation, as well as take a deeper look into yoga history and philosophy, yoga anatomy, physiology and functional movement.
Students who complete all elements of this training (including full attendance and passing a written exam) will qualify for a 300hr RYT certificate from Yoga Alliance, or 500hr RYT certificate if student has previously finished their 200hr RYT. Students who satisfactorily complete this program will also receive a 300hr certificate from Lighthouse Yoga School + Jared McCann and will be added to our list of certified JMY teachers around the world.
300hr Advanced JMY Teacher Training Focus:
- Effectively sequence, cue + teach intermediate / advanced level JM Vinyasa classes
- Refine trainee’s own personal asana practice
- Study yoga asana (basic and advanced poses) in-depth through daily posture clinics
- Provide safe and effective adjustments during yoga class (with and without props)
- Incorporate yoga history + philosophy into practice and teaching
- Develop + maintain a Sadhana practice (meditation, advanced mantra, pranayama, kriya)
- Build strength, improve flexibility, and refine technique through the inclusion of drills and other movement practices.
- Understand anatomy + physiology as applied to yoga asana, including how to assist and guide students with limitations and injuries
- Utilize and cue advanced Bandhas to increase stability, strength and energetic awareness
- Learn to teach excellent private yoga lessons
- How to succeed in the business of Yoga
1. We strongly recommend that you have completed a previous 200 or 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training program.
2. You should have a regular, consistent asana practice for at least 1 year.
3. If you have an injury that limits you from practicing certain poses, we still invite you to join us and modify (or skip) poses as necessary.
4. Willingness to learn and participate to the best of your ability every day.