Sat, Apr 16|
Mind & Body - Yoga Intensive
Yoga Alliance CEUs - with Ameriga Giannone
Time & Location
Apr 16, 3:00 PM – Apr 23, 10:00 AM
Noto, 96017 Noto, Province of Syracuse, Italy
Join Ameriga at Danena Sicily this April 16th -23rd for a Yoga Immersion.
This is not your typical yoga retreat, as it includes plenty of multi-style yoga practices, meditations, embodied rituals, and daily laboratories and satsang on self-development.
During the week, besides from grasping some important concepts related to yoga and Eastern Philosophies, you will also learn about Western modalities of conscious relating, such as non-violent communication, NLP, and Mind Body therapy.
This intensive course is a great immersion to the world of yoga and conscious living, and you will leave with practical tools to bring back into your daily life.
An optional activity to join is rock-climbing around the stunning canyons of the Siracusa region, while those who need relaxation can find plenty of it at our centre, with body treatments and relaxation.
Yoga Alliance CEUs
If you are registered teacher with Yoga Alliance, this retreat counts for 35 hours of CEUs (continuing education credits) and it’s part of Prema Vinyasa Yoga 300 hrs Teacher Training course.
This is for you if you:
- Love the idea of a transformative retreat with more than just the physical part.
- Want to take your yoga practice to the next level, are intrigued to learn new poses and challenging transitions under the lens of functional anatomy.
- Are willing to be challenged on and off the mats.
- Want to take steps to learn more about yourself through yoga and other techniques.
- You are a team player and want to share your story as well as get inspired by the stories of the other participants, while having fun with a supportive group.
- Are looking to make new connections with inspiring & positive people.
- You want to find out how your greatest failures have been your greatest teachers.
- Feel a bit stuck and are looking for clarity.
- You are a yoga teachers and want to learn how to handle group dynamics and conscious communication, while receiving plenty of inspiration and healing.
The day will start at 8 AM with a pranayama or meditation session followed by a 2 hour Vinyasa Flow. Expect creative, slow, deep and intense sequences, leading to a peak pose, and garnished with Indian philosophy, psychology, immersive music and kirtan. Ameriga has a reputation for taking her students’ practice to the next level, so prepare to explore postures that you might have only seen in books, in a safe and functional way.
If you are a seasoned practitioner you will thoroughly enjoy the new challenges, and if you are new to yoga you will feel always included and supported in trying out new postures.
After the morning class you’ll enjoy a wonderful energising brunch. The food is naturally plant-based and local.
During the day you can use your free time for a massage , to visit the beauty of Southeast Sicily, go to the beach, have a one-on-one life-coaching/NLP session with Ameriga, or simply relax by the pool at the beautiful venue.
In the evening we will meet again at 5 PM for a class/satsang during which we’ll explore yoga philosophy, buddhism, conscious communication, notions of Transactional Analysis, narrative coaching, NLP, and Mind Body therapy.
At 6 we’ll go back to our mats for either a workshop on a family of posture (such as inversions, backbends, handstand, arm-balances and so on), a relaxing Yin Yoga session and meditation.
Our wonderful sit down dinner will be served at 7.30.
There will be a day off during the retreat during which you can enjoy sightseeing or just relaxing at the pool.
For those interested, you can go on a rock-climbing mission in some of the stunning canyons of the area with Ameriga and an alpine guide.
What will you learn as a yoga teacher?
This course teaches soft skills that are usually not taught in a 200 hrs TT course, yet are essential to a yoga teacher who wants to develop a community.
Through the course you will learn:
- To hold space for your retreat groups, teacher trainings and workshops.
- To hold space for sharing circles.
- The “Art of listening” to your students in a holistic way, where everything comes into play at once – body language, intuition, the environment, and the goal is not to find out details but to uncover feelings for the speaker.
- And introduction to the art of asking powerful questions.
- You will receive plenty of inspiration on how to bring powerful themes to your yoga classes and share them.
6 -10 am - We respect silence
8.00 - 8.30 Pranayama or Meditation
8.30 - 10.30 Vinyasa Flow
4.30 - 5.45 Evening program: Workshops, Satsang, Class.
6.00-7.00 Evening Practice (workshop, yin yoga)
Ameriga (ERYT500, MA Yoga Studies, Life Coach) is often described as an “unconventional” yoga teacher that thrives in empowering students to take their yoga practice to the next level, and to reflect deeply on their life. In her intense, powerful and transformative classes she eclectically blends together different styles of postural yoga and through her understanding of functional anatomy, she invites the students to find depth in the poses by exploring them, instead of “performing them” according to an ideal shape.
She offers 200 and 300 hrs Teacher Trainings, and has extensive international experience teaching masterclasses, yoga festivals and retreats. To complement her yoga teaching, she has a life-coaching practice and conducts groups of self-reflection both online and in person.
Ameriga has studied with some inspiring teachers worldwide: Shiva Rea (with whom she completed over 300 hrs of trainings), Meghan Currie, Vinay Kumar (Pranavashya Yoga), and several Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga teachers, starting with Gregor Maehle and Monica Gauci, who inspired Ameriga to study Sanskrit, yoga philosophy and anatomy.
She has also trained extensively in Yin Yoga with Jo Phee, studying also for advanced modules such as cadaver dissection.
Ameriga loves to live in nature in Sicily, where she kitesurfs and rock-climbs. She is also an avid student of Tibetan buddhism and Sanskrit, and loves to play kirtan with her band, the Bhakti Sisters.